The non-profit San Francisco Writers Conference and San Francisco Writers University announced they are partnering with indie book publishing leader Author Solutions, Inc., and its integrated author marketing division, AuthorHive, to launch the Indie Publishing Contest for writers. The winner will be announced at the 2011 San Francisco Writers Conference, February 18-20.
The four category winners will receive their choice of a one-hour consultation with an agent or a free publishing package from an Author Solutions imprint, plus a certificate and publicity. The runner-ups will receive $50 and a 50% discount coupon for a publishing package from Author Solutions.
The Grand Prize winner will receive an indie publishing contract that includes:
- A print publishing package from Author Solutions
- eBook format conversion
- 90 days of mentoring from a literary agent
- 90 days of consulting from an AuthorHive publicist
- Video book trailer
- The scheduling of a blog tour and a video press release
- Distribution of the book online and in bookstores
- Book signing at a bookstore near the winner’s home (continental US only)
- Public announcement and promotion at the San Francisco Writers Conference
- ISBN number
For complete contest details, check out the following links: